Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Decrypting private key from Mobile Service

Level 3

Hi,

I need to decrypt the private key for Fire Cloud Messaging authentication. In the UI is hidden:

dwnuk_0-1697704464982.png

After right-click and selecting 'Edit XML source...' I see that password is stored in attribute fcmPrivateKey. In the next step, I copy the value from this attribute and in use it as parameter in javascript activity in decryptString() function.

However, after execution I got the information that:

"JST-310040 Function decryptString used to get a password, please use decryptPassword"

But when I try to use suggested method, I got the following error:

"JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'WKF/js2' line 4: decryptPassword is not defined."

Do you know any way to reveal the key?

Thanks,

Dominik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @dwnuk,

''decryptPassword'' function cannot be called in workflows, web applications, reports or deliveries. It can be called in JSSP or SOAP call implementations. cf this.

''decryptString'' is deprecated, but for backward compatibility purposes, Adobe gave us a way to still use it. You have to create an option called  XtkSecurity_Unsafe_DecryptString, and give it the value ''1'' : 

Amine_Abedour_0-1697911545314.png

Hope this helps you.

Br,

Amine

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @dwnuk,

''decryptPassword'' function cannot be called in workflows, web applications, reports or deliveries. It can be called in JSSP or SOAP call implementations. cf this.

''decryptString'' is deprecated, but for backward compatibility purposes, Adobe gave us a way to still use it. You have to create an option called  XtkSecurity_Unsafe_DecryptString, and give it the value ''1'' : 

Amine_Abedour_0-1697911545314.png

Hope this helps you.

Br,

Amine