Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

CRL-290002 Download error in cURL - Timeout was reached

Level 1

Hi all,

we experienced this error when we are trying to download huge amount of files from an external sFTP.

Workflow is working correctly without errors when hundreds of files are downloaded. We noticed this problem only when we downloaded more files during a product distribution that provided us thousand of files (50/100 KB each).

Does anyone know if there's kind of limit on this kind of activity?

Thanks in advance!

Davide

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Stefan,

1) For on premise configuration, you can access serverConf.xml from your server location. Go to path: /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/conf/serverConf.xml

Try to increase by 50% whatever is defined.

2) I am asking you to design your workflow something like this:

1843445_pastedImage_0.png

This will process one file at a time and will keep on processing until there's no file found.

3) Also, are you trying to transfer file to external SFTP or Adobe SFTP.

If Adobe SFTP, then use File collector activity something like this:

1843446_pastedImage_1.png

In FileCollector, you can define not to process if no file is present, else loop them to pick file one by one:

1843447_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

this error was observed earlier and there is helpx document too. see if that helps as below.

Couldn't resolve host name, Upload error in cURL while connecting to FTP from Campaign

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2454993#10191218

but I see it is Timeout error and Timeout is generally configured in serverConf.xml and we can check the settings there and also you might be having some kind of connection threshold to have this issue. Try to increase the connection threshold in the serverConf.xml and see if you can get rid of this problem.

Regards,

Community Advisor

Hi Stefan,

timeout time can be increased in serverConf.xml.

Alternatively, you can configure your workflow to pickup 100 files at a time and once that is complete, loop back to pick more files if present. Or to be more simple, pick one file at a time and design loop back, so that it keeps picking files till the time it is present.

Thanks.

Level 5

Hello jyotiy43907700​,

On a "on premise" version you don't have access to serverConf.xml but you have to open a ticket to Neolane.

How can you understand which is the proper value to set here? there is a calculation you may suggest?

"you can configure your workflow to pickup 100 files at a time" can you explain how this should be implemented? there is no setting like that in the File transfer

Thank you,
Salvatore

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Stefan,

1) For on premise configuration, you can access serverConf.xml from your server location. Go to path: /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/conf/serverConf.xml

Try to increase by 50% whatever is defined.

2) I am asking you to design your workflow something like this:

1843445_pastedImage_0.png

This will process one file at a time and will keep on processing until there's no file found.

3) Also, are you trying to transfer file to external SFTP or Adobe SFTP.

If Adobe SFTP, then use File collector activity something like this:

1843446_pastedImage_1.png

In FileCollector, you can define not to process if no file is present, else loop them to pick file one by one:

1843447_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks.

Level 5

Hello jyotiy43907700​,

2) File transfer picks up all the files that follows the regual expression, so it's possible to have more multiple files and not just one as you supposed. In my case is not possible to have a regular expression that select only one file.

3) External SFTP

Thanks again,
Salvatore

Level 2
I get the same error even with just 1 file? Anyone has some more insight on what could be causing this?

Level 3

Hello, can you share, how do you trigger the curl call?