Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Continuous delivery vs. recurring delivery

Level 1

Hi,

Could you please help me with this: What is the difference between continuous delivery activity and recurring delivery activity? Can both be used to send SMS-deliveries?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best,

Susanna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susanna,

The difference between a continuous delivery and a recurring delivery is in the way that the results are managed. A Continuous delivery will create a single delivery and add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that that the activity executes. So for example, if you run the workflow once a week, you would end up with 52 deliveries after a year if you used a Recurring delivery activity.

Linda

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

...to explain a bit more: I have a welcome program where I want to send the new customers an e-mail and an SMS within a day from purchase. I use the incremental query activity to start the workflow. Which delivery activity should I choose - continuous or recurring delivery - in this situation?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susanna,

The difference between a continuous delivery and a recurring delivery is in the way that the results are managed. A Continuous delivery will create a single delivery and add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that that the activity executes. So for example, if you run the workflow once a week, you would end up with 52 deliveries after a year if you used a Recurring delivery activity.

Linda

Level 2

Hi @Linda_Stinson! Thanks for this answer. Do you know which type of email delivery would be more usefull for reporting purposes? I want to track how my emails performance is going each month.

In addition, if I want to add a filter on a query to specify that people who received this email won't receive it twice or more, I know I would have to add it from my Recepient Delivery Log, but could I do it with a Continuous Delivery? Right now, using a Recurring Delivery it's generating a new email each time I run my workflow

Thanks in advance!

Level 2

Even I have the same question. I believe its confusing on which type of delivery type has to be chosen in such cases.

Eg. for a daily email to new customers , both options are looking ok, we can create a continuous delivery as well as recurring delivery.

Did you get the answer for this question ?

Level 1
Level 1

Continuous delivery will create a single delivery. Add Delivery logs (broadlogs) and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. The Recurring delivery will create a new Delivery each time that the activity executes