Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Clarification on Insert or Update in Adobe Campaign Classic

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I am using insert or update in operation type in update data in targeting dimension activity.

if the id is already present in recipient table email data is getting updated. If the id is not present, new entry is not made in recipient table. 

Value fields of recipient :

Email

Status

Last modified date 

I am trying to update or insert the above fields in recipient.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the details. I just tested it end 2 end and seems to work on my side. Double check below step by step and whether you face another behaviour then you should contact Adobe support and request assistance. Maybe there is a misconfiguration on your side

Here is a test I did : 

#1 - Extended recipient with a t_id key : 

ChristopheProtat_1-1646065131419.png

#2 - Created 2 recipients : 

ChristopheProtat_2-1646065156807.png

#3 - Import a sample CSV file 

ChristopheProtat_3-1646065190746.png

We expect 1 profile updated, 1 inserted, 1 unchanged

#4 - Import workflow implementation 

ChristopheProtat_4-1646065295256.png

We use t_id a the reconciliation key 

ChristopheProtat_5-1646065302189.png

#5 - Log is as expected with 1 profile updated, 1 inserted, 1 unchanged

ChristopheProtat_6-1646065331480.png

here we go

ChristopheProtat_7-1646065371371.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi @KeerthiKarna - what keys in the recipient schema are you matching on for the Insert or Update? Do you have a custom Recipient schema or a standard one? It would also help if you show a screenshot of the Update Data activity.

Cheers

Darren

Employee

Hello, 

As Darren proposes, it is important to know how you perform the join with the targeted data. Update activity propose several option. the first one is to use implicite links. This requires your incoming data is from an existing schema that is linked to the schema you want to update. This option is valid when query nmsRecipient then update nmsRecipient for example. Now, whether your data is coming from another source like an external file for example, then you have to explicitly reconcile the data with the targeted schema.

As a best practice :

• Field(s) used for reconciliation should can be inserted but not updated (cf. "operation" attribute)
  • Field(s) used for reconciliation are usually the one(s) that define(s) the unique/primary key for the table
  • When inserting a new row, make sure you provide all mandatory data to avoid blocking the insertion because you forgot to set default value for some mandatory fields. This should not happen with OOTB attributes of the nmsRecipient table as we have set default values but this could happen with custom attributes when Recipient table is extended

Note: You may not need to force "Last modified date". It should update automatically when updating/inserting the row with the current date time,

Level 2

Hi,

I'm using the standard recipient table with few additional fields. I do have a t_id column which serves as a primary key for the table. 

I get the data from an external source and store it in a temp schema. I fetch all the data from the schema and try to update the email  details of t_id present in the schema. When the t_id is present in the recipient table , new email details are getting updated but if the t_id is not present , it's not inserting the data even though i chose insert or update operation.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the details. I just tested it end 2 end and seems to work on my side. Double check below step by step and whether you face another behaviour then you should contact Adobe support and request assistance. Maybe there is a misconfiguration on your side

Here is a test I did : 

#1 - Extended recipient with a t_id key : 

ChristopheProtat_1-1646065131419.png

#2 - Created 2 recipients : 

ChristopheProtat_2-1646065156807.png

#3 - Import a sample CSV file 

ChristopheProtat_3-1646065190746.png

We expect 1 profile updated, 1 inserted, 1 unchanged

#4 - Import workflow implementation 

ChristopheProtat_4-1646065295256.png

We use t_id a the reconciliation key 

ChristopheProtat_5-1646065302189.png