Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Change Data Source error The maximum number of inbound rows has been exceeded.

Level 3

I am trying to test writing via FDA connection, and I want to write Broadlog. So it is important to write Millions of records in one go. So I was doing the POC using 20M records and was trying to write it back from the local Oracle (on Azure) to Azure Synapse database via FDA. In the "Change Data Source" activity, I got the error "The maximum number of inbound rows has been exceeded (step 'Change Data Source')".

When tried with few thousand rows (41K) it is working fine. I was referring to the documentation and didn't find any mention of limitation. In SQL log, there is no SQL logged for the change data source activity, so seems it is not coming from Database.

So, what is the threshold value before it errors out and how can I increase it? 

Just Tried with 1M and it seems to be running fine as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Aalokitoaami,

I'm not finding anything in the documentation or existing support tickets of this error or maximum allowed inbound rows. So there is likely a hard-coded limit within Campaign. As such, I would recommend reaching to Campaign Support who can discuss this with R&D.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Aalokitoaami,

I'm not finding anything in the documentation or existing support tickets of this error or maximum allowed inbound rows. So there is likely a hard-coded limit within Campaign. As such, I would recommend reaching to Campaign Support who can discuss this with R&D.

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

The value is driven by the configuration in serverConf.xml file with default being 1M

<changeDataSource maxNbOfInboundRows="1000000"/>