Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Cannot Open File - Data Extract

Level 5

I am unsure how to diagnose this error.

05/22/2019 7:58:40 AM BAS-010015 Cannot open file '/home/myfilepath.csv' with write access (errno=13, Permission denied)

I am a full admin, there should not be any permission issues.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The /home dir is normally owned by root group, so you have these options:

• Change permission of /home to 777 -don't do this
  • Add neolane to root group, change permission to 775 -worse
  • Change group ownership of /home to another group with neolane in it (new group with root+neolane(?))  and set 775 -not great, but will work
  • Use another dir neolane already has access to, like /tmp or /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/<instance> -better
  • Create a new dir like /var/neolane and grant access to it, make sure instance conf grants access to it if on a newer build -best

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The /home dir is normally owned by root group, so you have these options:

• Change permission of /home to 777 -don't do this
  • Add neolane to root group, change permission to 775 -worse
  • Change group ownership of /home to another group with neolane in it (new group with root+neolane(?))  and set 775 -not great, but will work
  • Use another dir neolane already has access to, like /tmp or /usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/<instance> -better
  • Create a new dir like /var/neolane and grant access to it, make sure instance conf grants access to it if on a newer build -best

Thanks,

-Jon

Employee

Very well explained indeed Jon.

We generally follow the 3rd procedure of having root+neolane in one group.

davidl14970702 -

When you try to connect to the sftp from a workflow , it's actually the neolane user who sends the signal to sftp and not the admin user.

So even when you have admin rights you get access denied on the sftp directories.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 5

I didn't realize there were permission settings on the SFTP.

I just completed the transfer.

Thanks