Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can you download a csv file on to my computer directly rather then through a SFTP?

Level 2

Hi all,

would very much appreciate some help.

I am trying to extract out a table from my workflow and would ideally have it saved into a location in my computer such as Desktop etc.

is there any way we can do this? currently I currently using a SFTP and have to manually transferring (Filezilla).

I am trying to get an automated extraction of the csv file.

Tak

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If your segmentation is pretty basic you can just go to the data tab on your data schema, do your filter there, then right click-> export. That will drop the data right onto your desktop. Data schema's can be found in Administration->Configuration->Data Schema

dloyd_0-1638884672031.png

In a workflow you can also right click on the blinking blue line click display the target-> then right click in the data and click export. Do look at the bottom right corner where it tells you the count. Make sure you are viewing all your data. By default it just shows you the very first 200 rows.

dloyd_2-1638885111610.png

Unless you are localhosting ACC, the ACC server will never see your desktop as an option to place files. It will always go through the SFTP. Look into the WGET option along with CRON jobs. https://www.howtoforge.com/using-wget-with-ftp-to-download-move-web-sites-recursively

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't think you can automate a file transfer from ACC to your local Desktop (given that your ACC instance is on some remote server and doesnt have the rights to access your machine), you can definately create a CRON job to automate file transfer with SFTP using a scripting language such as powershell/bash/cmd/shell (the script would have to connect then check if there is a file matching your pattern and then perform the file transfer.)

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If your segmentation is pretty basic you can just go to the data tab on your data schema, do your filter there, then right click-> export. That will drop the data right onto your desktop. Data schema's can be found in Administration->Configuration->Data Schema

dloyd_0-1638884672031.png

In a workflow you can also right click on the blinking blue line click display the target-> then right click in the data and click export. Do look at the bottom right corner where it tells you the count. Make sure you are viewing all your data. By default it just shows you the very first 200 rows.

dloyd_2-1638885111610.png

Unless you are localhosting ACC, the ACC server will never see your desktop as an option to place files. It will always go through the SFTP. Look into the WGET option along with CRON jobs. https://www.howtoforge.com/using-wget-with-ftp-to-download-move-web-sites-recursively

Administrator

Hi @TakL,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of any of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa