Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can we pull SMS template from AEM similar to Email and insert content into a custom SMS delivery?

Level 2

We are trying to see if we can pull SMS/other channel delivery content also from AEM by building a custom code(js and jssp) to show the result of SMS templates from a particular folder in AEM(which is not the same as Email) and then read and insert the same into a delivery(again by code).

I tried halfway by creating methods and functions where we could call the custom path of AEM and try to list that content while we synchronize the delivery, however facing issues to pull the content. Anyone has tried similar case?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@annief54377039 , I don't think you need to create JSSP(backed by JS) to implement this use case. JSSPs are meant to create Rest APIs for other system to consume.

As far as I understand, you would like to pull data (possibly text content) from AEM and update that to an SMS delivery template. It can be achieved by creating a workflow which will typically perform following steps:

1. Pull AEM data via API (Assets HTTP API or any other)

2. Parse response data

3. Update the content to an SMS delivery template using below code:

var del = NLWS.nmsDelivery.load(<delivery primary key>);

del.content.sms.source = <parsed content from AEM>;

del.save();

In case of SMS deliveries, the size of the content plays an important role. So, you need to make sure that the data you receive from AEM adheres to it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@annief54377039 , I don't think you need to create JSSP(backed by JS) to implement this use case. JSSPs are meant to create Rest APIs for other system to consume.

As far as I understand, you would like to pull data (possibly text content) from AEM and update that to an SMS delivery template. It can be achieved by creating a workflow which will typically perform following steps:

1. Pull AEM data via API (Assets HTTP API or any other)

2. Parse response data

3. Update the content to an SMS delivery template using below code:

var del = NLWS.nmsDelivery.load(<delivery primary key>);

del.content.sms.source = <parsed content from AEM>;

del.save();

In case of SMS deliveries, the size of the content plays an important role. So, you need to make sure that the data you receive from AEM adheres to it.

Level 2

Hi @ShashankNigam02 ,

Thank you for your response. I shall try this way too. 

However, we were actually trying to replicate the same Email integration approach to have a similar format for all channels and allowing the user to choose from a list of templates from AEM and based on the user selection, trying to see if we can pull and save the SMS content on clicking the 'Synchronize' button, and modify only the code to change the last part of updating the content to delivery, where instead of the source code for email, if we can pull the text message for SMS and save it to the delivery.

Administrator

Hi @annief54377039,

Was @ShashankNigam02's solution helpful to resolve your query? In case it was helpful, then kindly choose it as the 'Correct Reply'. If not and you still need more help, then do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa