Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Can we compute a recipient field using a typology rule of type "control"?

Level 4

Hi Campaign Community! 

We are trying to calculate and compute a recipient field from a typology rule (type "control"). But we are wondering whether that is even possible from within a typology rule? 

Thing is, it would greatly benefit our use-case so if, by any chance, it is possible it would be awesome! 

Thanks a bunch!!!

SorenDahk_0-1678875333372.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @SorenDP ,

Yes, it is possible to calculate and compute a recipient field from within a typology rule in Adobe Campaign.

To do so, you can create a new field in the recipient schema and then use a typology rule of type "Control" to populate the field with the desired values.

In the typology rule, you can use a combination of SQL statements, functions, and other expressions to calculate the values you need. Once you have defined the rule, it can be applied to your recipient database to update the values in the new field.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @SorenDP ,

Yes, it is possible to calculate and compute a recipient field from within a typology rule in Adobe Campaign.

To do so, you can create a new field in the recipient schema and then use a typology rule of type "Control" to populate the field with the desired values.

In the typology rule, you can use a combination of SQL statements, functions, and other expressions to calculate the values you need. Once you have defined the rule, it can be applied to your recipient database to update the values in the new field.

Community Advisor

Hello @SorenDP 

I have not done it myself, so not sure if that is possible.

But I believe this won't be an ideal solution. Imagine a scenario where you have started the delivery, the typologies are executed in the analysis phase, the recipient push counts are updated but before confirming the delivery you found some issues with the delivery or campaign logic. Now if you will restart the campaign then the push counts counter will increase again but the recipient will receive the delivery once.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Administrator

Hi @SorenDP,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa