Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Can I use two or more data schema tables for a single email delivery?

a-lopez
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to send a single email delivery but I want to filter my recepients from 3 different data schemas (recipients, recipient delivery logs, and one personalized table), but I don't know if I it's possible or if I'm not doing it in the right way.

Could you please help me with this? 🙏 I'd really appreciate it! 

Best!

1 Accepted Solution
Deb007
Correct answer by
Level 6
Level 6

Hi @a-lopez,

Yes, you can query multiple tables and use an email delivery to send emails.

In a single query activity you filter data from recipient and delivery log. Also, if there is a link between your custom schema and recipient, it can all be done in one activity. Else you can use an enrichment to filter data based on a join condition.

Cheers,

Deb

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Deb007
Correct answer by
Level 6
Level 6

Hi @a-lopez,

Yes, you can query multiple tables and use an email delivery to send emails.

In a single query activity you filter data from recipient and delivery log. Also, if there is a link between your custom schema and recipient, it can all be done in one activity. Else you can use an enrichment to filter data based on a join condition.

Cheers,

Deb

View solution in original post

a-lopez
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you very much @Deb007! I was missing a join condition using a valid key with an intersection activity. I was able to solve it 🙂

Best!

LaurentLam
Level 6
Level 6

Hi @a-lopez 
I confirm what Deb is stating but if could express a bit more what you mean by "filter my recipient from 3 different schemas": what is exactly your need?

You could first use a query activity on schema nmsRecipient: you'll be able to query on recipient but also on broadlogs like this:
in the query editor double click on the orange link "recipient delivery logs" > you'll get automatically in the expression a sub query starting by "recipient delivery logs exist such as" and you can change the operator to "does not exist such as" / "exists" / "does not exist". You then can select every attribute you want

This way, a single query activity could permit you to filter 2 schema from your example.