Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can I add Web Analytics data connector to all of my deliveries/templates using a code

Level 4

Hi,

I have completed the Adobe Campaign and Analytics Integration. Now I would like to add the corresponding Data connector to my deliveries/templates.

I have numerous old campaigns which makes it a cumbersome job to add this properties to each of them.

Can you please let me know if there is more efficient way to add the data connector to all the Deliveries/templates.

Thanks a lot

Naveen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi naveenj10058761

Follow the instructions here to perform Mass updates.

Updating data

Note:

• Web Analytics /Genesis does not perform 'retro' capture of data. Updating executed deliveries won't have any effect.
  • Be very cautious on running this update on any recurring deliveries as the redirect links on the messages changes, test, test, and more test.
  • For the future, I suggest you use delivery templates that have Web Analytics setup so that users don't have to select this setting every time they create an email.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pulkit

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Are you referring to url parameters? For Analytics connector those are defined on the external account, with no further work required.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response.

I am referring to the 'Web Analytics' property of deliveries which MUST have the data connector assigned to it for the Web analytics to track the depositions like click, open.

I have pasted a screenshot below to depict where the Web analytics external account need to be selected.

Now, I need to do it for hundreds of recurring campaigns which is a lengthy tasks. I am looking for an automatic way (may be using JS or Input Forms etc.) to update this value to all the deliveries.

1794815_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks again

Naveen

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can just mass-update all the deliveries and templates, it's the Web Analytics account link.

AFAIK the only usage of the link is to override the click/open formulas deliveries use otherwise, so you can also just alter those as desired.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Hi Jon,

Can you please provide me a bit of detail on how can I perform mass update on the deliveries and templates.

Thanks

Naveen

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi naveenj10058761

Follow the instructions here to perform Mass updates.

Updating data

Note:

• Web Analytics /Genesis does not perform 'retro' capture of data. Updating executed deliveries won't have any effect.
  • Be very cautious on running this update on any recurring deliveries as the redirect links on the messages changes, test, test, and more test.
  • For the future, I suggest you use delivery templates that have Web Analytics setup so that users don't have to select this setting every time they create an email.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pulkit

Level 4

Hi Pulkit,

Thanks for the link, it helped a lot

Cheers...

Naveen