Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can anyone share an example of how to unzip/decompress a file in a workflow?

Level 3

I saw this question and attempted to test the same but unfortunately couldn't get it to work with either a zip or gz. my js ended up looking like:

var cmdStr="unzip -j /folder/folder/folder/tester.zip -d folder/folder/folder";

var res=execCommand(cmdStr);

i also read elsewhere that decompressing a file is possible in the data loading activity, by choosing 'pre-process the file' then inputting gunzip -c <%= vars.sourceFile %>

again couldn't get this to work

lastly i tried gunzip in a js activity, code was like:

execCommand('cd /folder/folder/folder \n gunzip "tester.csv.gz" ');

but again couldn't get it to work. am sure i am doing something basic wrong but error message just says error while evaluating so not sure what.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

turns out it was just an issue with our configuration that prevented me seeing the decompress/decrypt dropdown on the data loading activity - all sorted now

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

script looks fine.

Can you check if you are authorized to run execCommand on ACC?

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 3
gave myself "PROGRAM EXECUTION" Named right; "Right to execute external programs" but still the same outcome

Correct answer by
Level 3

turns out it was just an issue with our configuration that prevented me seeing the decompress/decrypt dropdown on the data loading activity - all sorted now