Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Automated Holiday Campaigns

Level 2

We need to implement automated email communications to customers, notifying them of branch closures due to holidays. We have a list of 11 holidays that are not stored in ACC. The email template will also consist of dynamic info: Holiday name and respective closure date.
Can a script be set up for the scheduler to send emails on those dates only?
Can we create a separate table in ACC to store that info(holiday dates, etc.)?

Or can you advise on any other better approach?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@mhasan There's a simpler approach for this!
Create a list which contains all 11 Public holidays date and their respective name. (Or upload a csv file via Data loading)

Add a scheduler to run daily.

If GetDate() = Public holiday date, Test activity will proceed the workflow and send email communications to customers populating holiday name as dynamic field.

Add External signal if you want to trigger multiple workflows on holiday dates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi mhasan,

Please take a look at the forum post below. It should help explain the logic of how to accomplish your request.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/set-up-recurring-c...

Community Advisor

Hello @mhasan ,

you can!

I will not give you exactly how but.

I would divide it into two workflows. However, considering time pressure, feel free to split it into as many workflows as needed. Trigger one workflow at a time, each containing information about a single shop, with the target already set.

Technical workflow:

• you save your dynamic info as JSON  to Advanced JS activity
  • set to run daily at a time you would send an email
  • in next run script tab you can do something similar

var shops = [{shop:a,...},{shop:b,..}],
    shopsThatAreClosed = shops.filter({
// find your shop data
});
if (shopsThatAreClosed.length){
//send signal to your marketing workflow to trigger it and save the variables as start parameters
var strLabel = "Adobe Campaign, Marketing that delivers"
NLWS.xtkWorkflow.PostEvent(
    "wkfExampleReceiver",
    "signal",
    "",
    <variables strLine={JSON.stringify(shopsThatAreClosed )}/>,
    false)
}
}
reutrn 0;

Campaign workflow:

If you will have more shops sent to the campaign worklfow and you want to sent it a separate recipients in separate email you would need to run worklflow in loops until there is no more shop to iterate over.

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Correct answer by
Level 3

@mhasan There's a simpler approach for this!
Create a list which contains all 11 Public holidays date and their respective name. (Or upload a csv file via Data loading)

Add a scheduler to run daily.

If GetDate() = Public holiday date, Test activity will proceed the workflow and send email communications to customers populating holiday name as dynamic field.

Add External signal if you want to trigger multiple workflows on holiday dates.

Level 2

Thanks @vt0509 

I was able to set up the scheduler using this approach.
I am still working on populating all the dynamic fields, as I need additional dynamic fields from another list.
Thank you so much for your solution.