Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Automate Adobe Campaign Classic Testing

Level 2

Hi, Anyone automated Adobe Campaign Classic Client Testing ? Any suggestion on Tool which will support  it.?

Can we automate it using UFT?

Please share your experience and suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sandy,

Well, UFT (Microfocus) tool has wider-range possibilities than SOAP UI or Postman (Swagger is for RESTful API so valuable for AC Standard but not for AC Classical which is SOAP API oriented).
Not only UFT can more or less do the same as SOAP UI.

But it can also capture/generate the test scenario from the application user interface, for some supported applications, and web oriented applications, and generates the tests scripts.

Nevertheless, I don't know if UFT supports ACC (Windows app), probably useable for ACS which is web oriented application.

Please ask to Microfocus about ACC support.
(FYI, UFT can import SOAP UI projects).

SOAP UI automation of calls of Web Services can be used to achieve test scenarios (free edition), and in the commercial/premium edition, load performance scenarios as well (equivalent to UFT LoadRunner).

So SOAP UI is developer oriented.

Briefly said, depending on your use cases, SOAP UI (or Postman) is enough or not.
Please read ACC JS API and you will have an idea of what can be automated or not.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
J-Serge

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 4

If by clien testing, you means campign or delivery testing, there is no good automated solution as far as I know.

You can duplicate your workflow and feed it with test data and that is practically all.

I usually generate special workflow to test deliveries. But this only works, if continious deliveries are user or any other template based activity. Recurrent deliveries can not be tested this way.

Level 2
Hello, I have a scheduler set to workflows to send out messages at desired intervals and channels to check that everything is working as intended.

Level 10

Hi Sandyk,

Depending on your needs, if you think about tests that can be fully automated and not visual testing (such as email rendering), you can use such tools as SOAP UI and Postman to achieve some automated tests use cases, by using the SOAP API or JS API, you can do it directly on the server or remote connection allowed to call API (soaprouter.jsp service).

SOAP UI can also be used for Load performance use cases.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

Thanks Serge, We are trying to automate the Adobe Campaign flow like creating the workflow and than validating it end to end. Email Delivery we can validate using SOUPUI need help on automating Adobe Campaign tool functionality. Hv you any experience on validating/automating that?

Thanks,

Sandy

Level 2

Client testing means ,Validating the Adobe Campaign Client Application flow like creating the workflow and than validating it end to end. Need help on automating Adobe Campaign tool functionality validation. Hv you any experience on validating/automating that?

Thanks,

Sandy

Level 2
Hello, I have a scheduler set to workflows to send out messages at desired intervals and channels to check that everything is working as intended. Would that be a solution that works for you?

Level 4

You can create a workflow from the template and run it by executing a SOAP call to xtk:workflow#SpawnWithParameters

provide template id and any parameters you need.

Next, you can monitor workflow status by periodically querying the workflow record via xtk:queryDef#ExecuteQuery method and check for workflow @status attribute. If the workflow is in suspended (3) status, that means it has failed. If status stopped (5), it has finished successfully.

To delete the workflow, use xtk:session#Write method with @_operation attribute set to "delete"

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sandy,

Well, UFT (Microfocus) tool has wider-range possibilities than SOAP UI or Postman (Swagger is for RESTful API so valuable for AC Standard but not for AC Classical which is SOAP API oriented).
Not only UFT can more or less do the same as SOAP UI.

But it can also capture/generate the test scenario from the application user interface, for some supported applications, and web oriented applications, and generates the tests scripts.

Nevertheless, I don't know if UFT supports ACC (Windows app), probably useable for ACS which is web oriented application.

Please ask to Microfocus about ACC support.
(FYI, UFT can import SOAP UI projects).

SOAP UI automation of calls of Web Services can be used to achieve test scenarios (free edition), and in the commercial/premium edition, load performance scenarios as well (equivalent to UFT LoadRunner).

So SOAP UI is developer oriented.

Briefly said, depending on your use cases, SOAP UI (or Postman) is enough or not.
Please read ACC JS API and you will have an idea of what can be automated or not.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
J-Serge

Level 2
Hello, I have built workflows that test all channels available at the desired intervals, running on automated schedulers. This was I continuously test both functionality and integration to other critical systems.