Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Asynchronous HttpClientRequest: Authentication Error Handling Issue

Level 2

Hi,

I am invoking HttpCleintRequest asynchronously from the JavaScript within the workflow.

“compete” function is working fine in all scenarios the except following –

• In case of invalid authorization token (due to validity expiration) it’s not invoking the complete handler. So, HttpClientRequest.wait activity is indefinitely waiting for the complete action to be performed for this request. I have waited till 1 hour for the completion, but still it’s not invoked (thought that it will set status as timeout in complete action)

My question is how to handle this, which function need to implement to handle this scenario?

Getting below error in the log– 

1798789_pastedImage_0.png

Below is the sample code. Complete part is not invoking whenever there is any error in the Authorization value (highlighted)

1798857_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

A cleaner workaround would be to forgo the buggy HTTPClientRequest() and instead use shell scripting with curl:

Is this a single call though?

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You have the params out of order in that execute() call, swap the last two.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Hi,

Tried to swap last 2 params. but in this case, valid scenarios (i.e. when token is valid) are also not working, always getting following error –

1799405_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi,

Make sure your URL is whitelisted in instance conf, or turn off URL security in instance conf.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Jon. However probably I was unable to explain the exact scenario, my code is working as expected for all scenarios. Only when somehow authorization fails, it was unable to invoke the complete operation. As a result the workflow was getting stuck (more specifically the JS activity), as HttpClientRequest.wait activity was waiting for the complete operation to be performed.
     For the workaround, created a separate monitoring workflow, which will monitor the process and it will kill and restart the main workflow during this scenario.

Thanks,

Sitangshu

Level 10

Thanks for your help so far wodnicki​!

Any on why authorization fails getting the workflow stuck?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

A cleaner workaround would be to forgo the buggy HTTPClientRequest() and instead use shell scripting with curl:

Is this a single call though?

Thanks,

-Jon