Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic - Data Extraction

Level 1

Hi,

I've created a workflow which has Query Activity, followed by Data Extraction and finally a File transfer.
Everything works fine, however when I try to configure the Data Extraction activity I'm getting some weird results.

I've configured it to export the data from Query activity into the CSV file and I've selected the output columns which I need in that file, but the exported file has more columns (actually columns are being copied in additional columns as duplicates).
It looks like this:

I need to export open events for all deliveries for each recipient, but those events get grouped by recipient and I need the new event to be in the next row, not duplicated in the column.
Is it possible to configure this properly?

P.S. If needed I can include screenshot.

Regards,
Dusan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely you have a mapping issue in either the Query activity node or the enrichment activity node due to the resolution levels (targeting dimension) of your query and the output. Review these nodes again and make the proper adjustment. Remember that the relationship is 1:M between recipients to open/click table.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely you have a mapping issue in either the Query activity node or the enrichment activity node due to the resolution levels (targeting dimension) of your query and the output. Review these nodes again and make the proper adjustment. Remember that the relationship is 1:M between recipients to open/click table.

Thanks.

Level 1

Hey AbdulZa,

Thanks for the response. I'm going to check the query and the mappings.
I will update here after that.

Thank you.

Level 1

Hey AbdulZa,

Just a follow up. You were correct, I've just changed the targeting dimension in the query and I've managed to get the data that I wanted!
Thanks a lot for the help!

Also, I have a another question: is it possible to filter out the unsubscribed recipients from Recipients table?

Level 4

like recipients.blacklist equals to Yes ?

Level 1

Hi RaulOcana,

I've managed to find it after I've posted the question. But thank you for your help! However, I'm not sure where to look for the unsubscribe date (when the unsubscription happened). Is that saved somewhere in AC?

Regards,
Dusan

Level 4

Hi Dusan,

There is not a date field for that. I think you must extend your recipients schema so you can store the opt-out date and any other needed field.

-Raúl

Level 4

Dusan,

I believe ACC doesn't have monitoring service for customer's responses to emails for keyword like "remove me", "unsubscribe me", "opt me out", etc. All unsubscribe requests/optouts are made using the unsubscribe link which means the such data is stored somewhere in your database.

Since email unsubscribe suppression is essential, best practice is to include the email unsubscribe flag/date on the RECIPIENT table by extending the schema as well as developing a technical workflow to update the flag/date on nightly basis. It is recommended to include the suppression of the unsubscribed recipients in Typology to ensure compliance in case your marketing users forgot to suppress the group from the campaign universe.

Thanks.