Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic and PowerShell concepts - ideas

Level 3

Masters of Adobe Campaign,

While I am trying to grasp the idea of the vast functionality of the Adobe campaign Classic , I have an additional question;

I have used PowerShell before in Servers Task Automation, and I wonder how I can apply PowerShell concepts and knowledge in Adobe Campaign Classic?

Would you be able to pass any tutorials helping in understanding the concepts?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've used powershell to monitor adobe campaign services and to automate troubleshooting tasks (stopping, restarting services), also to trigger workflows and transactional emails from windows server to the adobe campaign API.

I don't think you will ever need powershell scripting skills with adobe campaign unless you manage the actual servers where the services are installed and that's considering the operating system is Windows.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've used powershell to monitor adobe campaign services and to automate troubleshooting tasks (stopping, restarting services), also to trigger workflows and transactional emails from windows server to the adobe campaign API.

I don't think you will ever need powershell scripting skills with adobe campaign unless you manage the actual servers where the services are installed and that's considering the operating system is Windows.

Level 4

Hi @MarioGlad 

There is a script activity in Adobe campaign which have been disabled from activities tab. But you can still use it if you have a v6 version instance or by editing XML. It allows you to choose different scripts like shell script, python etc but the only thing is that you need to install the interpreter on your instance. There is an option to add other commands, but don't know whether we could integrate with powershell. Following is a blog on adding shell script to Adobe Campaign workflow (https://blog.qburst.com/2020/02/shell-scripting-in-adobe-campaign/). 
Please share the details if you succeed anyway.