Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Add 3 days to script for "Test"

Level 1

Hello in an adobe campaign classic workflow I am using a "Test" node (the yellow diamond) to check that another workflow "TECHNICALWORKFLOW" has run today before proceeding. This is working well currently with the following script: 

formatDate(getOption("lastRunDate_TECHNICALWORKFLOW"),'%2D-%2M-%4Y') == formatDate(getCurrentDate(),'%2D-%2M-%4Y')

I would like to make it so that the test instead, looks to check the TECHNICALWORKFLOW has run any time in the past 3 days, rather than today. I think I need to add +3 days somewhere to the second half of the script, but cannot work it out. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Add the below script in the Test activity advanced tab.

var date = getCurrentDate();
date.setDate(date.getDate()-3);
vars.currminus3Date = formatDate(date,'%2D-%2M-%4Y');

After that use the below condition in the test activity

formatDate(getOption("lastRunDate_TECHNICALWORKFLOW"),'%2D-%2M-%4Y') >= vars.currminus3Date

Attaching the screenshot also. Hope this helps.

Amit694_0-1617770201963.pngAmit694_1-1617770223405.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Add the below script in the Test activity advanced tab.

var date = getCurrentDate();
date.setDate(date.getDate()-3);
vars.currminus3Date = formatDate(date,'%2D-%2M-%4Y');

After that use the below condition in the test activity

formatDate(getOption("lastRunDate_TECHNICALWORKFLOW"),'%2D-%2M-%4Y') >= vars.currminus3Date

Attaching the screenshot also. Hope this helps.

Amit694_0-1617770201963.pngAmit694_1-1617770223405.png

Level 1
Hey mate, that worked perfectly. Thank you for your help, and have a great day.

Level 9

Hi @drewettj - an easy way to do this is to subtract the last run time from the current time and see if its less than 3 days. e.g.

(getCurrentDate().getTime() - getOption("lastRunDate_TECHNICALWORKFLOW").getTime())<=259200000

Date.getTime() returns milliseconds for for 3 days = (3 * 1000 * 60 * 60 * 24) = 259200000 milliseconds

Cheers

darren