Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

ACC: Client insists on using seeds to run an ad-hoc campaign

Community Advisor
Hi Experts,

One of our clients insists on using seeds to run a one off (possibly a monthly ad-hoc campaign). We are recommending to use the recipient table instead, however, they are very reluctant to store certain user record's on adobe campaign as recipients because these set of users have not provided marketing consent, and they make it very clear the ad-hoc campaign is an administration/notification campaign so marketing consent isn't required, given that marketing consent isn't required; we are suggesting to create the recipient records and then delete them after they are no longer required but they are still hesitant.

The current method of inserting these set of records to adobe campaign is by uploading a csv file which is processed by a workflow that inserts them into a seed folder, these users are then targeted by configuring the dynamic condition in the delivery template, hence, recipient's in the campaign initial query are targeted as well as the seeds pulled from the dynamic condition.

Furthermore, the delivery template contains personalization data pulled from one of the recipient's linked table (Relationship manager details) and this isn't available to seeds, hence, is being substituted randomly and for this reason we created another workflow which pulled required data from the relationship manager table and populated the seed's additional data tab in bulk then created another personalization block specifically to display this data for seeds.

We have also suggested to upload csv file and store data into lists but they insist that this is how they want their seeds to function.

Could you guys please provide some insights as to the potential technical issues and/or limitations that may arise from using seeds in such way so that we can try to convince our client to use the recipient table instead.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

First I will say your suggested routes for addressing this are 100% correct. In all my years with Campaign I can't say that I have ever seen a client try and use seeds as the primary source of targeting nor am I finding any tickets or reports of this internally. So the only limitations that I know of is that opens, clicks, and unsubscribes won't be tracked.

There are other potential restrictions in the documentation below but they don't seem relevant given the use case.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/using-seed-addresses...

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

First I will say your suggested routes for addressing this are 100% correct. In all my years with Campaign I can't say that I have ever seen a client try and use seeds as the primary source of targeting nor am I finding any tickets or reports of this internally. So the only limitations that I know of is that opens, clicks, and unsubscribes won't be tracked.

There are other potential restrictions in the documentation below but they don't seem relevant given the use case.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/using-seed-addresses...

Regards,

Craig