Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

A user does not have access to the workflows of an operation

Level 2

Hello,

My user belongs to a group of users who have rights to read/write/delete data on a folder.

However, this user cannot see the workflows of the operation located in the folder to which he has all rights (read/write/delete data).

What could be the reasons for such behaviour?

Sincerely,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa,

We finally understood where the problem came from.

In fact, we went from the V6 to the V7 and managing recurring and ad-hoc releases is no longer managed the same way. I mean, the tool no longer affects one-off and recurring releases in the same folder. Our display of broadcasts by operators is established on a principle of right of access to files, which is why operators can no longer see certain broadcasts if they are not in the right folders.

For me, the problem is no longer relevant and it is possible to close this issue.

Thanks again for all your answers.

Regards,

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @kquintin ,

Assign 'WORKFLOW' Named rights to that operator.

~ ParthaSarathy

Level 2

Hello @ParthaSarathy ,

Thank you for this proposal but the right named "WORKFLOW" is already present on the operator group to which my user belongs. So in itself, by its belonging to the group it has itself the right named "WORKFLOW".

So that’s not the problem.

What other aspects should I focus on?

Sincerely,

Community Advisor

@kquintin , Other users in the same group can able to see the workflows?

If yes, Ask your user to clear cache (File > Clear the local cache...) > Disconnect and reconnect. 

~  ParthaSarathy

Level 2

@ParthaSarathy ,

Unfortunately, in this case if I only have one user in my operator group.

Sincerely,

Community Advisor

Hi @kquintin ,

To see the campaign workflows, the operator must need to be in 'Campaign managers' Operator group.

Yes, If you assign just 'Campaign managers' Operator group to the user, he can able to see all regions Campaign workflow data.

To avoid it and to restrict the user to see only his region's campaign workflow, follow the below steps and give a try,

1. Assign the user/operator to  'Campaign managers' Operator group.

2. As a best practice, Create operator group for each Region.

If your user is belong to Region_A , create and add him in the operator group called Region_A.

3. Go to your 'Region_A' parent folder > Right click > property > Security > assign the operator group Region_A and give the operator group read and write access.

ParthaSarathy_0-1694705689992.png

4. Now create a new workflow folder and rename it as 'campaign workflows' > right click > property > Restriction tab > enable the checkbox 'This folder is a view' and in filter condition, add the below expression.

[operation/program/@fullName] contains Region_A

ParthaSarathy_1-1694705910377.png

As a result, Your user can able to see all the campaign workflows created inside Region_A alone.

~  ParthaSarathy S

Community Advisor

Hi @kquintin ,

Could you Please check whether the below Option "Propagate" checked on Folder level for access?

LakshmiPravallika_0-1694596727485.png

Also , Please check if there are any Restrictions on the Folder level to that Operator from the below Tab

LakshmiPravallika_1-1694596840969.png

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 2

Hi @LakshmiPravallika ,

I checked both the parent folder and the child folder and in both cases the "Propagate" option is checked.

Sincerely,

Community Advisor

Hi @kquintin ,

Please add the below Operator Group called "Campaign Managers" to your Operator group and check if you are able to access Operation Workflows.

LakshmiPravallika_0-1694597628239.png

Regards,

Pravallika.

Level 2

Hi @LakshmiPravallika ,

I just went to that security group.

I don’t know if that would work in my case. The operators are divided into regions.

I am afraid that by giving this right to my operator he has access to all possible regions, except that it is not possible for the good practice of the project.

If I assign him this right will he have access to all workflows or only those that concern him?

Sincerely,

Community Advisor

Hi @kquintin ,

Yes, the operator will be having access to Data of all the to all possible regions, in order to restrict that, you can restrict it on the folder level.

PFA the below screenshot highlighted yellow, you should give the folder path where you want to restrict the access.

LakshmiPravallika_0-1694698961762.png

Please look into the below video where it has some information on this restriction of Data.

https://helpx.adobe.com/campaign/classic/how-to/configure-partition-operators-in-acv6.html?playlist=...

Regards,

Pravallika.

Administrator

Hi @kquintin,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa,

We finally understood where the problem came from.

In fact, we went from the V6 to the V7 and managing recurring and ad-hoc releases is no longer managed the same way. I mean, the tool no longer affects one-off and recurring releases in the same folder. Our display of broadcasts by operators is established on a principle of right of access to files, which is why operators can no longer see certain broadcasts if they are not in the right folders.

For me, the problem is no longer relevant and it is possible to close this issue.

Thanks again for all your answers.

Regards,