Expand my Community achievements bar.

Thoughts on Google’s latest anti-tracking privacy tools update

Level 2

I would love to get everyone's thoughts on Google's latest anti tracking privacy tools....

How Google’s privacy moves will spur changes to ad tech - Digiday

1 Reply

Employee

Hi maureenk35263704​,

I would like to tell you that, I personally have been tracking the news after Google’s announcement of new Chrome privacy controls – see articles below I got regarding Google's latest anti-tracking privacy tools update:

From which I came to know that, on May 7,2019 Chrome announced updates to their browser privacy and identity features. They continue to allow third-party cookies by default, but are building better transparency and control tools for users to manage how their cookies are used.

1763167_pastedImage_0.png

If you would like to read more about Safari ITP 2.1 Impact on Adobe Experience Cloud: https://medium.com/adobetech/safari-itp-2-1-impact-on-adobe-experience-cloud-customers-9439cecb55ac.

So, Instead of restricting third-party cookies by default like Safari, Chrome is putting users in control of privacy management. While this new Chrome feature may cause more users to restrict tracking with improved dashboards, it is unlikely to have an immediate impact like Safari's changes. Additionally, Chrome announced changes to limit browser fingerprinting in 2020, and a requirement by cookie owners to tag their cookie purpose for better classification and end-user understanding.

I believe tools like Chrome's, along with Adobe and its partners, will deliver richer connected advertising experiences for customers with little material impact to targeting and measurement strategy.