Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Agent info in AAM

Level 1

Hello!

I want to create traits for the different devices. In the AAM help I see that following info is given by the user agent to AAM: "d_device_marketing_name", "d_device_vendor".

Can I create traits directly with them? For example, trait rule --> d_device_vendor == "apple".

Is this info available when we use server forwarding or DIL library or in both cases? We are using DIL library and I am not sure because in the report "Unused Signals" I do not see the following signals --> d_device_vendor, d_device_hardware_type, d_device_os_version...

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe forums!

You can check this help doc : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/c_tb_device_targeting.html.  We do have a built in way of seeing if the visitor is using a mobile device or if it is something else.

It does not matter if the type of implementation is DIL based or SSF, if AAM is implemented on a site or app, then these platform level signals will be sent to AAM servers.

You can create rule based traits using these platform level keys if you are collecting real time data from a site or an app.

If there is a signal that is used in a trait, then you do not see that in unused signal reports. Are you able to see other platform level signals (d_ ) in unused signal report ?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe forums!

You can check this help doc : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/c_tb_device_targeting.html.  We do have a built in way of seeing if the visitor is using a mobile device or if it is something else.

It does not matter if the type of implementation is DIL based or SSF, if AAM is implemented on a site or app, then these platform level signals will be sent to AAM servers.

You can create rule based traits using these platform level keys if you are collecting real time data from a site or an app.

If there is a signal that is used in a trait, then you do not see that in unused signal reports. Are you able to see other platform level signals (d_ ) in unused signal report ?