Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trait folders and data sources

Level 2

auto created trait folders are given a datasource by default. In this case a source(folder trait level) other than the traits that lies "beneath". I can manually change the data source in the AAM UI, but as this goes for A LOT of folders i would like to solve this in bulk using BAAAM. But BAAAM doesn support "calling" these folders. Any suggestion on how to solve this in an easy way? Not really "interested" in doing this in manual operation for several hundred folders....

my objective is to keep data isolated in various buckets (using data sources), but im questioning if this is taken care of or not in this case since everything is "grossed up" on the other source?! But could be mistaken, since everything underneeth the foldertrait is isolated per se.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi there,

You can use the BAAAM update trait option to change the data sources for the traits in Bulk.

sidnamedataSourceIdfolderIdtraitTypetraitRule

Try this for a few traits.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi there,

You can use the BAAAM update trait option to change the data sources for the traits in Bulk.

sidnamedataSourceIdfolderIdtraitTypetraitRule

Try this for a few traits.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

Level 2
Yes, and it seems like allfolder traits can be called on a trait search. And can then be altered and ingested using update. So far so good. My objective is to have a "chinese wall" on all data .. and the question is then; is it reallys necessary to alter the trait folder data source to maintain this? Or is it as isolated as it gets since all traits has different datasources on a lower level?