Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Set up a User ID Sync

Level 1

Reading the documentation about audience manager targeting integration, I can see that the first technical step is "set up a user id sync"

There are TWO sync flows:

- partner initiated flow

- audience manager initiated flow

Are both mandatories or can we implement only the partner initated flow?

If the answer is "YES",  how can we fill the AAM outbound integration request form?

We select "YES" into the option "Data Partner will initiate syncs", but the field that contains the url for ID sync (initiated by AAM) is red and seems to be mandatory.

Thank you for support

Silvia

1. AAM Outbound Integration - Request Form
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Silvia,

I recommend you to please keep the field blank for now. As our representative will take a look at the request and accordingly setup the integration for you.

I am just adding details around the ID sync URL for later reference (Setup User ID sync )

Audience Manager ID sync URL

http://dpm.demdex.net/ibs:dpid=[vendor_id]&dpuuid=[vendor_uuid]&redir=[redirect_URL]

Where,

vendor_id = Required - Audience Manager Partner Identifer - You will receive your vendor ID after you submit the integration request form in Step 5: Complete an integration request

vendor_uuid = Required - Partner Unique User Identifier - This must be replaced by your user id/cookie id.

URL (Percent) Encoded representation of your Unique User ID. In addition to encoding reserved ASCII characters, any non-ASCII characters should be percent encoded based on the UTF-8 character encoding table.

For more information, see the URL Encode/Decode Online website.

redirec_URL= Optional - Partner ID sync URL with ${DD_UUID} as the macro for Audience Manager User/Cookie ID. This is only required if the Partner wants to receive the Audience manager User/Cookie ID.

An encoded URL redirect with the macro ${DD_UUID} embedded within it.

Note: Added only when the content provider initiates the call.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Is your partner registration process complete as per the guidelines here - Adobe Audience Manager Targeting Integration.

If yes, Can you share the exact error incurred may be a screen shot.

Feel free to reach out with more questions as you go through these resources Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 1

Hi Gaurang,

thank you for your feedback.

Yes, we completed the first two steps of "AUDIENCE MANAGER TARGETING INTEGRATION", and now we are ready to approach step 3 (Setup a User ID Sync).

Our question is: can we implement only the partner initiated flow?

Thank you

Silvia

Employee Advisor

Hello Silvia,

Yes you can have only partner initiated flow for the ID sync implemented. It is upto your choice which method you would like to follow.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further question on this matter.

Level 1

So filling the form "AAM Outbound Integration - Request Form" the field "URL"  into the section "ID sync" can remain empty?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello Silvia,

I recommend you to please keep the field blank for now. As our representative will take a look at the request and accordingly setup the integration for you.

I am just adding details around the ID sync URL for later reference (Setup User ID sync )

Audience Manager ID sync URL

http://dpm.demdex.net/ibs:dpid=[vendor_id]&dpuuid=[vendor_uuid]&redir=[redirect_URL]

Where,

vendor_id = Required - Audience Manager Partner Identifer - You will receive your vendor ID after you submit the integration request form in Step 5: Complete an integration request

vendor_uuid = Required - Partner Unique User Identifier - This must be replaced by your user id/cookie id.

URL (Percent) Encoded representation of your Unique User ID. In addition to encoding reserved ASCII characters, any non-ASCII characters should be percent encoded based on the UTF-8 character encoding table.

For more information, see the URL Encode/Decode Online website.

redirec_URL= Optional - Partner ID sync URL with ${DD_UUID} as the macro for Audience Manager User/Cookie ID. This is only required if the Partner wants to receive the Audience manager User/Cookie ID.

An encoded URL redirect with the macro ${DD_UUID} embedded within it.

Note: Added only when the content provider initiates the call.