Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment inactive VS Destination End Date

Level 1

Hi! 
I'm trying to improve our segments management and I'd like to clarify what's the best way to approach segments at the end of a campaign.
1. Is it enough to set an End Date for a destination or should I also send the segment to "Inactive"?

2. If I set a segment to "Inactive", should I also set an End Date to the associated destination or delete altogether?
Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @alexandru_marin ,

Segment Inactive satus stops the segment from data collection but its data can still be shared over to the destination.

For example: If you make a segment inactive on 10th Jan and total segment population till this data is 1000. So, your destination will be able to receive 1000 count and it will diminishes with time if the devices go inactive in system i.e. 120days of inactivity.

On the other hand end date in destination will stop the data share completely on that end date for any segment. So, will get data until the campaign is live.

It depends on the business which approach you would like to proceed with, both are best in their ways and they provide different meaning to the data share.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @alexandru_marin ,

Segment Inactive satus stops the segment from data collection but its data can still be shared over to the destination.

For example: If you make a segment inactive on 10th Jan and total segment population till this data is 1000. So, your destination will be able to receive 1000 count and it will diminishes with time if the devices go inactive in system i.e. 120days of inactivity.

On the other hand end date in destination will stop the data share completely on that end date for any segment. So, will get data until the campaign is live.

It depends on the business which approach you would like to proceed with, both are best in their ways and they provide different meaning to the data share.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Ankita Sodhi