Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile merge rule suggestion

Level 3

Hi Team,

Can someone please explain how the following profile merge rule works?  How does last authentication +  device co-op work in terms of logic?  For example, does the user has to be authenticated first then device co-op kicks in or is it a parallel execution?  Basically, it uses both lanes to match data.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there,

When profile merge rule uses last authentication ,that means AAM uses traits from a previously logged in state i.e. on Last logged in profile + device.

For more information on what are profile merge rules and how to use them,you can watch one of the office hour session delivered on profile merge rules.Below is the link for same:

Adobe Audience Manager: Profile Identification with Profile Merge Rule

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there,

When profile merge rule uses last authentication ,that means AAM uses traits from a previously logged in state i.e. on Last logged in profile + device.

For more information on what are profile merge rules and how to use them,you can watch one of the office hour session delivered on profile merge rules.Below is the link for same:

Adobe Audience Manager: Profile Identification with Profile Merge Rule

Regards,

Shweta

Level 3

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for the information.  One quick question though, when we are onboarding mobile device IDs and the inbound is set to 'customer id' and 'device advertising ID' and the outbound has no authentication, having profile merge rule as current authentication would affect that or it will bypass that?

Thanks

Employee

Hi there,

When profile merge rule is set as current authenticated,it means AAM uses traits that occurred in a logged in state on the device(s) for segmentation i.e. on Profile level.

Also,when it comes to mobile device Ids,we can always utilize global mobile data  sources​ to onboard data.

Regards,

Shweta