Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Inputs to AAM

Level 10

Hi all,

We are aware that the following are the Inputs to AAM:

1. 1st Party: Adobe Analytics, CRM, Media Data, etc - Proprietary to customers

Offline-CRM.

2.  2nd Party: Partner Data. Affliates, Advertisers - Create strategic partnership with

other brands, other customers - Leverage relationship.

2nd Party data is collected and managed just like 1st party.

Audience Market Place: 2nd Party.

3. 3rd Party: Ex: Datalogix, Epsilon

1. Which of these are Online and which are offline sources? I am aware that CRM is offline.

2. Which of these are Onsite and which are Offsite sources?

3. Which of these involve coding and which  involve configuration ? My guess is that all these are just configurations.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

1.Is there any mention of offsite data in any doc ? As far as I know, your data can offline and online/realtime. Advertising campaign can be offsite targeted i.e. re targeting users who have visited your website on other websites via an ad exchange. Typically the publisher will segment their audience into targetable groups based on behaviours the audience exhibits on site.

2. Collecting first party realtime or online data requires AAM implementation on your site, check this doc on implementations : How to implement Adobe Audience Manager?

Implementing ID sync (to stitch your CRM ID with AAM device ID) may or may not require coding.

Second party data does not require coding, it requires configurations.

Third party data requires configurations.

Thanks,

Varun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

1. First Party Data in Audience Manager : The definition of first party data is a company's own data. Now it can be online (realtime or onsite data )and offline (onboarded or historical data) both.

AA and AAM

If you have AA and AAM both and you implemented both solutions so that AA can share real time data with AAM. Then AA variables will come to AAM as realtime AAM signals.

1288170_pastedImage_3.png 1288171_pastedImage_4.png

Apart from this real time data you can also get historical data from AA, by creating segments in AA using a report suite and sharing those segments via Marketing Cloud to all Marketing Cloud solutions. That would come as onboarded data.

AAM realtime data from event calls:

You can create rule based trait and those are created from a rule ("key"="value") also known as signals. You can pass these signals as pixel calls from your website or app, example of a pixel call or event call from a webpage: <script src="https://<subdomain>.demdex.net/event?c_events=test-hyphen&c_prop67=make%3Aabarth&prop67=make%3Aabart..."></script>

This is one way of collecting real time data in AAM.

CRM data or Onboarding your own data:

You know your customers who sign in on your site/app and you want to create segments of those customers. You can onboard or upload a data file with CRM ID and their corresponding signals in every row of that file : abc123     "color"="blue"

Before uploading this data you should have traits created in AAM which use those signals. Also, the ID sync should be implemented (this may require some coding) in prior to link your CRM ID with AAM's device ID.

Level 10

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your inputs.

1. I understand offline data. What is Offsite data?

2. Ingestion of which of these (all data : 1st, 2nd and 3rd) involve coding and which  involve configuration ? My guess is that all these are just configurations.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

Kindly answer both of my questions.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

1.Is there any mention of offsite data in any doc ? As far as I know, your data can offline and online/realtime. Advertising campaign can be offsite targeted i.e. re targeting users who have visited your website on other websites via an ad exchange. Typically the publisher will segment their audience into targetable groups based on behaviours the audience exhibits on site.

2. Collecting first party realtime or online data requires AAM implementation on your site, check this doc on implementations : How to implement Adobe Audience Manager?

Implementing ID sync (to stitch your CRM ID with AAM device ID) may or may not require coding.

Second party data does not require coding, it requires configurations.

Third party data requires configurations.

Thanks,

Varun