Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Zeros!! - Can they be filtered out or excluded with a segment?

Level 2

Hi there all,

So I am in a bit of a pickle with this one! 

I am trying to do the following - Take two types of customer (Web & Mobile) in two separate columns (by visit) and what I would like to do is take each user id that has a "login" count of 1 or more in each, to show.

If either Mobile or Web has a zero in the user ID row, then I would want it to be excluded as a record to view.

Something like;

So that the second row can be excluded - I've tried different variations of segment builders and tried to see if I can use filter, but I'm coming up short! Sorry I am very new to this !

Visits                             

(Mobile)                         (Web)

User ID - 123453                   1                                    1

157450                   1                                    0

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

To do this with segments you would want to use an "exclude" container. I'm not sure if your user ID is visit or visitor level, but for the purpose of this example I'm going to assume it's visitor level.

Create a segment at a visitor level that says "web instances does not exist". Then set the segment to "exclude". This will then look for anyone with 0 web interactions, and remove them from the analysis. Just make sure the exclude is at the right level (visit/visitor/hit) so that it removes all the information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

To do this with segments you would want to use an "exclude" container. I'm not sure if your user ID is visit or visitor level, but for the purpose of this example I'm going to assume it's visitor level.

Create a segment at a visitor level that says "web instances does not exist". Then set the segment to "exclude". This will then look for anyone with 0 web interactions, and remove them from the analysis. Just make sure the exclude is at the right level (visit/visitor/hit) so that it removes all the information.

Level 2

@MandyGeorge  I thought I had setup this right, but seems not - This is what I am creating...

I'm still getting one column showing Zeros which is perplexing (assuming this is the right way)

I should add, the segments I am trying to make are from segments i.e. both Mobile app and Secure Site are segments themselves. I don't know if that makes any difference.

I've not included the User_ID dimension (is this wrong?)

Jamie89_2-1677864059381.png

Jamie89_1-1677864023005.png

Community Advisor

I am not sure that this particular scenario is possible... If I am interpreting this correctly, your "User ID" dimension is your internal site user account id? (not something like Adobe ECID user id)

The problem is that mobile app and website would be in separate visits, and likely would also be considered separate visitors...  Even if you use the appendVisitorIdsTo in the app (so that Web URLs opened from the app will stitch the app user to the web user), this only works if the user opens web directly from the app (I believe once stitched, unless cookies are cleared, this will remain).. but if their web and app usage are completely separate or are using different devices (desktop and mobile), or only go from web to app directly, etc.. there is no way to stitch those users together... (unless you have access to Adobe's device graph through Adobe Ultimate or CJA)

Basically, neither Visit nor Visitor segment would allow you to stitch your user data properly.. so while you can look at mobile in isolation and web in isolation, I don't think you look at them together without the device graph  

This may be a case for using Report Builder... where you can pull the data into Excel, then use Excel logic to only show the User Ids that have traffic to both web and app....