Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workspace project not shared

Level 1

I found this week that projects created in Workspace can be accessed by all users (even if it is not shared) by using the "Get project link" or the full Adobe URL for my project.

How can it be possible?

How can I restrict my projects to specific users only - I thought the "Shared" option would do not job but "No".

Is there a configuration somewhere I should change to avoid that situation?

8 Replies

Community Advisor

WOW....

it didn't used to work like that... I just tested myself, and sure enough, a non-admin user was able to work on a report I am working on that wasn't shared to them.

I am going to submit a ticket on this, and also flag this with some of my Adobe contacts.

Level 1

Tks for taking care of this. I am very concerned about that issue. We had a very bad experience with this issue yesterday.

Community Advisor

Hmm, according to my contacts, this is how it's supposed to work.... not sure when that got changed... 

Also, I don't believe there is any sort of "restrict" functionality for a report.... 

Tell people "please don't share this link"???

Level 1

This is very anoying. A person can even change the content and "Save as" without knowing what they do. Someone misinterpreted the content of one of my dashbaord and I even did not know he has access to it.

This is a bug, as far as I am concerned.

What is the purpose of having the "Share" features and "View only" and everything if everyone can access everyones dashbaords.

Level 1

Just for clarity sake and for anyone who might see this in the future, users who have the link, are in your org/company, and don't have explicit sharing permissions receive these defaults:

- Admins -> Edit access

- Non-Admins -> Duplicate Access

This is documented here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/shareable-...

Level 1

Do you know how to avoid to share with everyone having access to the link? I would like my dashbaord to be shared with only the person I decide to.

Unfortunately, I do not control who is sharing the link with who.

Employee Advisor

@MB_Brand - It's a good ask. However, I am afraid, by default non-admins are assigned to "Can Duplicate" role if they are not added as a recipient and if they access a project link. Try submitting a request here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas - the team would look into it depending on the number of upvotes.