Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Workspace Project Email Distribution

Level 2

Hello, 

I've asked this question before and now have an additional question. 

I want to quickly add additional recipients to multiple scheduled workspace project distribution lists without going into each scheduled project one at a time I have 100+ scheduled projects and each time a new person comes on board I have to go into each one-at-a-time to add the new person to the distribution list.

Responses to this question have been that I have to be an Admin to create a user group and then use the user group as the distribution list. I am not an Admin but one of the Admins could possibly create a user group and make me Admin of the user group. Will that work or do I have to be an Adobe Admin?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

as fas as I know you can't edit workspace projects in the UI in bulk. the best way right now is working with "product profiles" as a distribution list:

1) set schedule recipients to the desired "product profile" so everybody in this product profile get's the desired reports

2) new users are added to this product profile (you need to be "product profile admin" to add new persons)

I haven't found a way to share reports to "user groups", so "product profiles" seems to be the way to go...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

This may be outside of the scope of your question but have you looked at using Distribution Lists?

If you are at an organization with GSuite or O365 and your recipients are within those instances, it may be an option to have a set of DL's with relevant email addresses which get updated as individuals join/leave the company. It decouples the maintenance from the AA interface.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

as fas as I know you can't edit workspace projects in the UI in bulk. the best way right now is working with "product profiles" as a distribution list:

1) set schedule recipients to the desired "product profile" so everybody in this product profile get's the desired reports

2) new users are added to this product profile (you need to be "product profile admin" to add new persons)

I haven't found a way to share reports to "user groups", so "product profiles" seems to be the way to go...