Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

workspace: add in a filter in dimensions

Level 1

Is there an easy way to add in a new filter in the freeform table so I filter the value by containing certain keywords?

1625402_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

the filter should appear as soon as you move the mouse cursor over the dimension title (move over "Local var 6") and a filter icon should appear bext to the title.

be aware that filtering this way does not affect the total in the column heads. if you want the total of only selected rows, use option as roshanc44331495​ decribed above.

another way to filter and get total of selecter rows: select the desired row items (CTRL + click) then right-click to "show only selected".

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Below I took page filter example:

Click the > arrow

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 3.11.48 PM.png

Find the Pages you want to analyze:

1626068_pastedImage_1.png

Drag the first one into your table. After you find the next Page, drag the value onto the column header of your table:

1626069_pastedImage_2.png

This way, I'm able to focus on only the 3 Pages I want to analyze in my table, without having to worry about applying filters:

1626070_pastedImage_3.png

If you're curious about dimension item searching, here's a video to help you along your way:

Improvements to Dimension Item Search in Analysis Workspace - YouTube

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

the filter should appear as soon as you move the mouse cursor over the dimension title (move over "Local var 6") and a filter icon should appear bext to the title.

be aware that filtering this way does not affect the total in the column heads. if you want the total of only selected rows, use option as roshanc44331495​ decribed above.

another way to filter and get total of selecter rows: select the desired row items (CTRL + click) then right-click to "show only selected".

Level 1

Thanks, very surprised that Adobe did not put it to an obvious location.