Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why Would "YTD" Visits and "This Year" Visits be different?

Level 1

Can someone help me understand why the volume of visits would be different when looking at YTD vs This Year? It is a small difference but I am wondering the cause. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

High possibility why you might see the difference, 
Reasons- 

• This year would include Entire year including current min data as well ( most latest data ) 
  • YTD - you might have to check on how exact the base datetimes are selected, could be selected as Start of year until start of today or end of today or a different combination. 

If you could paste the screenshot and I can see what exactly would be the issue. 
Thanks

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

YTD isn't a "standard" date range, it sounds like a custom date range set up by someone in your Org? You should take a look at what the definition of that range actually entails... 

Community Advisor

@BriannaDougherty In Adobe Analytics, This Year date range is provided by AA in default. But not the YTD. As @Jennifer_Dungan mentioned, It might be created by some user in organization. Like shown in the below picture, if you select the information icon on the right side of the component, you can see the definition, description, and owner of that date range.