Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Why Visits is more than "Clicks" in Google Search Console?

Level 8
Level 8

We are monitoring several subdomains end-to-end data.

In one of the subdomain, it's find in AA, the "Visits" from Search Engine (Adobe Default) is about 2-3 times more then "Clicks" in Google Search Console data, which has never been found in any of rest subdomains.

(PS: We see there are rest of Search Engines, e.g. Bing, after breakdown referrer = Google, same result: Visits is much more than "Clicks")

H_L_0-1614739776457.png

H_L_1-1614739833729.png

Any possible reason on settings (e.g. internal URL filters) or tracking code implementations, user behaviors?

By the way,

If a user visit 5 times, the first time by clicking the search result then add to bookmark, then the rest 4 times visit from bookmark:

In AA, only 1 visit credits to "Google" and "Search Engine Type", the rest 4 visits credit to "Bookmark/Typed".

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Regarding your last question, the answer is yes. Search Engines do not persist beyond a visit. So, the subsequent hits will be credited to Typed/Bookmark.

The question about why number of visits is higher than clicks in Google, I would say both are different tools and have different logics to calculate visits/clicks. Someone with the knowledge of both Adobe Analytics and GA can provide a better explanation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Regarding your last question, the answer is yes. Search Engines do not persist beyond a visit. So, the subsequent hits will be credited to Typed/Bookmark.

The question about why number of visits is higher than clicks in Google, I would say both are different tools and have different logics to calculate visits/clicks. Someone with the knowledge of both Adobe Analytics and GA can provide a better explanation.

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks @Khurshid_Alam for the reply.

BTW, I finally find the reason.

We have several sub-domains, one of them mainly responsible for SEO and landing, then there are cross links on pages on seoSubdomain.domain.com to domain1.domain.com.

As we've marked: seoSubdomain.domain.com as internal URL, then all traffic from a link click on seoSubdomain to domain1.domain.com will be credit to Search Engine visits.