Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why use Dynamic Tag Manager self hosting

Level 4

Can anyone explain use cases for the self-hosted implementations of Dynamic Tag Manager compared to Akamai? Why would organizations choose self hosting compared to Akamai.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello My Friend,

Great question..!!

Though I am not a Infrastructure/Server Expert but I would like to comment based on my personal experience and point of view.

There are many organizations which might want to use the self-hosting implementation rather than using Akamai given in the DTM for the following possible reasons:

1. Some organizations don't want to rely on the other services and would prefer to have things well within their control and end up opting for self-hosting.
  2. They might have their own Akamai setup or something better (if possible !) and they have more confidence on it.
  3. More control over the deployment and its consequence. They might have some standard and centralized governance process in place for all the deployments. 

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello My Friend,

Great question..!!

Though I am not a Infrastructure/Server Expert but I would like to comment based on my personal experience and point of view.

There are many organizations which might want to use the self-hosting implementation rather than using Akamai given in the DTM for the following possible reasons:

1. Some organizations don't want to rely on the other services and would prefer to have things well within their control and end up opting for self-hosting.
  2. They might have their own Akamai setup or something better (if possible !) and they have more confidence on it.
  3. More control over the deployment and its consequence. They might have some standard and centralized governance process in place for all the deployments. 

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®