Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Why is there a difference between unique visitors in free form for the same page vs unique visitors in fallout report?

Level 1

Free form table has 289,333 while the fallout report for the same page with no segments has unique visitors as 289,365. Why is there a difference of 32?

ajaybhatdiscover_0-1676054175647.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your freeform table just looks at each page in isolation (users could have viewed page A2 without having seen A1 first); the fallout report takes the order the pages were visited into the logic (the user must view page A1 before viewing page A2).

The fallout is a little more specific and therefore weeds some of the users out of the eligibility to be counted.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your freeform table just looks at each page in isolation (users could have viewed page A2 without having seen A1 first); the fallout report takes the order the pages were visited into the logic (the user must view page A1 before viewing page A2).

The fallout is a little more specific and therefore weeds some of the users out of the eligibility to be counted.

Agreed. But I am trying to compare the unique visitors of onlineapplication/a1 page, which is the first page on top in the funnel/fallout report vs the unique visitors of onlineapplication/a1 page in the free form. Surely these two numbers should ideally be the same. Please let me know your views on this.

Community Advisor

If you are just looking at the first page for comparison, it matches for me on my data... do you happen to have any segments applied at the panel level that could be impacting the calculation of the UVs in the different visualizations?