Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Why does the AdCloud extension in Launch permit the use of Data Elements in the Conversion Property Name field?

Level 3

The AdCloud extension in Adobe Launch offers one Action Type: "Track Conversion".

As part of this Action, I can prescribe a "Conversion Property Name" and a corresponding "Value".

Both "Conversion Property Name" and "Value" fields permit the use of a Data Element.

The behaviour of the Data Element differs depending on which field you put it in.

If I put it in the "Conversion Property Name" field, it will pass the name of the Data Element to AdCloud (for example: "%name_of_data_element%"). If I put it in the "Value" field, it will pass the returned value of the data element to AdCloud.

My question: Why does this extension permit the use of Data Elements within the Conversion Property Name field? It seems redundant? What am I missing here? Ideally it would behave in the same way as the value field.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies