Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Why Baidu, Sougou were recognized as Other Websites but not Search Engine in Referrer Type?

Level 3

DebbyNPL_0-1617767404626.png

For the referrer type, why baidu and sougou were recognized as other websites?

Can I manually fix it with any settings?

Some sm.cn, quark.cn and other new rising search engines in China were also not been recognized as search engines.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DebbyNPL - Aside from validating the search engine detection in your Marketing Channel Classification rules with Adobe, you could always use a rule to identify the Referring Root Domain

jeff_bloomer_0-1617915947412.png

And then set the value to the Referring domain.

jeff_bloomer_1-1617916083799.png

Hope you're able to get this figured out either way.  Best of luck!

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I suggest that you bring this up with Client Care to fix this. It could be that Adobe's internal matching algorithm for recognising Search Engines doesn't work well with non-English search engines.

Employee

Hi @DebbyNPL 

If the referrer data does not belong to Adobe recognized search engines or social networks, they will be collected under 'Other Web Sites'. 

To know more on this, please visit: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/referrer-type.html?lang=en#p...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@DebbyNPL - Aside from validating the search engine detection in your Marketing Channel Classification rules with Adobe, you could always use a rule to identify the Referring Root Domain

jeff_bloomer_0-1617915947412.png

And then set the value to the Referring domain.

jeff_bloomer_1-1617916083799.png

Hope you're able to get this figured out either way.  Best of luck!

Jeff Bloomer

Level 3
Hi Jeff. Thanks for your reply! Your answer seems to be work! Could you please share me that where can I find these rule settings.

Community Advisor

Hi @DebbyNPL,

The changes are made here: Admin > Report Suites > {Chose your Report Suite} > Edit Settings > Marketing Channels > Marketing Channel Processing Rules

jeff_bloomer_0-1618318311004.png

Jeff Bloomer