Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Where is s.pageName actually set

Level 2

We're having an issue with s.pageName coming in mixed case. We really want to lowercase it. I've scoured everything I can think of to no avail. Where is this set so that I can make sure it's set to lowercase off the bat?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You could use the toLowerCase() JavaScript method in your implementation

https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_tolowercase.asp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi there,

You need to explain a bit more then this. Is this a default BC template or a purchased one you are referring too? By default, there is no such thing as that you see in BC.

You asking where it is in the HTML, or the CSS, Javascript?

Level 2

The Adobe product we're using actually calls itself SiteCatalyst/Omniture. I think that's a version of BC, I'm not sure.

I realize now that I left out some details. We're having pageName use the default of the page URL. I know it's considered a bad practice, and I don't totally disagree, but that decision is above my pay grade and predates me, so I'm working with what I have.

Everything is getting filtered through Tealium and everything gets lowercased in Tealium but since pageName is getting pulled from the actual URL, that wasn't something that got lowercased in Tealium, and thus I'm getting mixed case results in my Pages reports.

I've seen a handful of places online that say to avoid this issue to simply lowercase s.pageName. I'd love to. I just can't figure out where the code is that actually SETS s.pageName. I know how to read/write code. I don't know where the file lives. I've looked in the SiteCatalyst template in Tealium and, while it references s.pageName, it doesn't tell me where it ever set it. I assume there's a JS file somewhere that I don't know about and once I find it, I can easily tack on a .toLowerCase(), but I need to find it first.

Thanks!

Level 1

That is the Analytical product from Adobe and is not related to business Catalyst. So this will be the wrong forum for that.

Level 2

I tried finding the other forum. Could you point me in the right direction for that, please?

Level 1

Moved to Adobe Analytics, not sure if this is the right place but hopefully someone here can help.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You could use the toLowerCase() JavaScript method in your implementation

https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_tolowercase.asp