Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

What's the best way to use filter in (FreeForm) for more than one selection/options?

Level 2

What's the best way you would suggest if I use a dimension "Page" and would like to filter data against some specific pages not the one only as it is right now in a "Filter" option?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Another option is to manually drag/drop the pages from the left-panel into your table. Like this:

Click the > arrow

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 3.11.48 PM.png

Find the Pages you want to analyze:

1246817_pastedImage_1.png

Drag the first one into your table. After you find the next Page, drag the value onto the column header of your table:

1246818_pastedImage_2.png

This way, I'm able to focus on only the 3 Pages I want to analyze in my table, without having to worry about applying filters:

1246819_pastedImage_3.png

If you're curious about dimension item searching, here's a video to help you along your way:

Improvements to Dimension Item Search in Analysis Workspace - YouTube

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Waheed,

Can you elaborate your question. It is not clear what you are looking for?

Level 2

Yes sure. In FreeForm table if I drag a dimension "Page" (there are more than thousands pages) against metric "Visits" but I want to see data against some specific pages (lets say 10 pages out of 1000). Right now there display a "Filter" icon (option) where we drag dimension in FreeForm table. That filter option doesn't meet my requirement. For example if my page name is "abc:individual:category 349:" and I use this filter it would display every page who contain this name but not only a single or multiple pages I want to see in the results like this one only "abc:individual:category 349:" or the ones I want to see. Otherwise I have to find each page manually and select them each by pressing CTRL+ Left Click.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Another option is to manually drag/drop the pages from the left-panel into your table. Like this:

Click the > arrow

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 3.11.48 PM.png

Find the Pages you want to analyze:

1246817_pastedImage_1.png

Drag the first one into your table. After you find the next Page, drag the value onto the column header of your table:

1246818_pastedImage_2.png

This way, I'm able to focus on only the 3 Pages I want to analyze in my table, without having to worry about applying filters:

1246819_pastedImage_3.png

If you're curious about dimension item searching, here's a video to help you along your way:

Improvements to Dimension Item Search in Analysis Workspace - YouTube

Level 2

@ericmatisoff​ that's really helpful. It made my work so easy. ​