Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What could be reasons for number change?

Level 6

When I see the no. of orders report in workspace for date range of 1st jan - 31st jan 2024

When seeing report On Feb 2nd : No of orders = 100

When seeing report On Feb 15th : No of orders = 120

what could be the reason?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Late arriving hits can also have an impact on historical reporting, though it's typically very small. 

I've seen it most often with apps.  For example, a session ends abruptly and the app doesn't send the analytics data before shutting down.  I believe once the app is launched the next time (which could be several days later), that previous analytics data is sent.  Once Adobe receives the data, it will increment for the correct day based upon the event timestamp (not when it was processed).

If you're seeing very slight increases, I'd expect it's due to late arriving hits.  If you're seeing significant increases, I'd suggest to start by validating late arriving hit volume.  If you have data feeds, you can enable or disable the sending of late arriving hits.  Either way, you can determine the impact.  There's more info on this page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@aagk123 I can't exactly relate this to orders. But in insurance industry; if a user get a quote on Jan 31st and purchased the policy on Feb 5th, we will assign the sale to Jan 31st date. Because that's when the quote generated. Is there any scenario like this to the orders? like the user started the journey in January and completed the conversion in February (after Feb 2nd). That' why you will see the different no. of orders in Feb 2nd vs. Feb 15th.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Late arriving hits can also have an impact on historical reporting, though it's typically very small. 

I've seen it most often with apps.  For example, a session ends abruptly and the app doesn't send the analytics data before shutting down.  I believe once the app is launched the next time (which could be several days later), that previous analytics data is sent.  Once Adobe receives the data, it will increment for the correct day based upon the event timestamp (not when it was processed).

If you're seeing very slight increases, I'd expect it's due to late arriving hits.  If you're seeing significant increases, I'd suggest to start by validating late arriving hit volume.  If you have data feeds, you can enable or disable the sending of late arriving hits.  Either way, you can determine the impact.  There's more info on this page.