Expand my Community achievements bar.

Visits vs page views discrepancy on a single ListVar item

Level 3

Hi Team,

Back again on ListVar tracking. I have implemented a list var to track a list of items productType|supplierName|supplierID.

Page visits, views, and average page views per visit for all products seem right. 

ListVarPage viewsVisits Average page view
all product Types1061.67

However, when I filter specific product type, the page views are way above what i expect.

ListVarPage viewsVisits Avg. page view per visit
filtered a specific product200633.33

Any ideas/workaround to get page views on a specific product? 

Thanks

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am unable to replicate this issue...

Can you provide more details on what you are doing? Are you using the table filter or a segment? If using a segment, can you share the definition of the segment?

What is the expiry on your List?

Level 3

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan 

I'm using a table filter,  basically i have listvar that captures a list of products with different supplier code, product type.

When a visitor lands of a hub page that shows different product types, they click on a specific product type link, the next page is where the listvar is tracked which fires that product type (product A).

Now I'm trying to get visits and page views for a specific product type but the views are way more than I'd expect to see.

juliusonyancha_0-1722248520031.png

Community Advisor

OK, I have never seen a filter do that, nor can I replicate on my side... 

If I pull up a table with a list var, and I filter to a specific value (that I can see and know what to expect), when the filter is applied I end up with the correct results, and certainly I've never had the results higher than the total list items as per your original sample.

In the new screenshot, the numbers are looking filtered... approximately 3 million out of 26 million, and 50 million out of 378 million.

If the issue is that the numbers themselves are just higher than expected, as in, you don't expect 3 million and 50 million, but rather smaller values.... what is the expiry of your list?

Basically you are expecting your list to be set on the product page, but if your list is incorrectly set to an expiry other than HIT, this might explain it...

• Page 1 - Home
    • List Not set
  • Page 2 - Product
    • List set to "X"
  • Page 3 - Section Page
    • List maintains value "X" due to expiry
  • Page 4 - Contact Us Page
  • Page 5 - Home Page (again)
  • etc

So you are expecting only Page 2, but instead could be getting Pages 2 - 5 (or more)

This is why I asked about the expiry of your list var.... it sounds to me like maybe this might be your issue....

Level 3

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan no expiry was set which might have been the issue. I have changed to HIT, I will test and feedback. 

Community Advisor

So it was set to "NEVER" expire? I don't see any way to force a "reset" on list values (like other eVars)... hopefully you won't have data carried forward from the old expiry.....

Level 3

That's right, it was set to 'NEVER' I will feedback on the changes. Thanks

Level 1

Hi,

Are you using any segment where you have a or condition? Or other filter. It is hard to guess the reason by looking at the data solely. But i can think of the three reasons 

1. De-duplication

2. Segment logic 
3. Implementation issue on product page.

Level 3

No segment applied. Just a listvar dropped into a freeform table then used a filter 

juliusonyancha_0-1722253787428.png