Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Varying Revenue Totals When Using Different Attribution Models

Level 2

Hi,

I'm going crazy trying to figure out why Adobe Analytics is generating varying Revenue totals for different Attribution models. When I build a simple table using Marketing Channel as the dimension and Revenue as the metric, there's no issue when choosing a different model (our default Attribution is Last Touch btw):

Attribution 1.jpg

However, when I add a value from a product-related dimension (the "true" value in the table below comes from the s.products variable), the Revenue totals for each Attribution model are way off:

Attribution 2.jpg

I completely understand why the revenue totals for each individual marketing channel would vary for each Attribution model, but I can't wrap my head around why the overall total changes when adding a product dimension. This issue persists no matter what sales metric I use: orders, units, etc.

Help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

While I don't know what "true" represents in this context, it might be related to dealing with multiple products with different values....

Let's say that I purchase 2 products... 

The first one has "true", and the second one does not... in that case, would I not see different values? On the standard attribution model, I would see the revenue only from the first product (the one that actually has "true" set), but not the see the revenue for the second product (where true was not set).

In the Linear attribution, wouldn't the value of "true" be carried forward to the second product and therefore I would start seeing the revenue from both?