Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Using Federated IDs to restrict third party access to Adobe Analytics.

Level 2

Hi,

We currently limit access by third parties to Adobe Analytics using the IP address Security setting within Company Settings, but have seen the message that this will be removed soon. Adobe Support have suggested using federated IDs, but I can't see how this would work for third parties access as I wouldn't be controlling their SSO, i'm assuming it would be controlled by their company.

Has anyone else restricted third party access by IP to Analytics using federated IDs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done.  Adobe does allow you to mix and match Identity types so you could use 'Federated ID' to manage your internal users and 'Adobe ID' to manage third parties.  In which case you many want to restrict the level of access that those using the Adobe ID have.

If your company uses something like Azure Active Directory, you may be able to use this to allow authentication on to devices not on your corporate network.  This wouldn't be locked to an IP address range but could enforce 2 factor authentication.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this can be done.  Adobe does allow you to mix and match Identity types so you could use 'Federated ID' to manage your internal users and 'Adobe ID' to manage third parties.  In which case you many want to restrict the level of access that those using the Adobe ID have.

If your company uses something like Azure Active Directory, you may be able to use this to allow authentication on to devices not on your corporate network.  This wouldn't be locked to an IP address range but could enforce 2 factor authentication.