We are currently having Mobile SDK 3.x on our Android and iOS Apps which was deprecated by Adobe in 2016.Now we are working to upgrade the legacy SDK to new AEP SDK using Adobe Launch. Being new to this stuff I have a couple of questions and wants the experts to share their thoughts and guide me
With our current implementation our mobile developer used to push the values directly in analytics variables using the code.But I believe that approach won't work with new SDK ,looking for suggestion on best alternate here as well.
Below are my comments.
1. Is Launch used only for configuration part like mobile marketing tool was used for sdk 4.0 ? - Not just configuration but we can append dimensions & events based on the condiitions or triggers, so i would say Launch is much more than that. Added advantage is that for minor tweaks within Launch there is no need to release builds which can save us hige time.
2. Can we leverage Launch rules to push data to analytics variable? Not pushing, but appending I would say. Still we would require TrackState or TrackAction at the Application Level to trigger or push the data to analytics. Event triggers are only Collect PII, Launched, Track Action and Track State, so unless these actions are triggered from Mobile Application, you cannot do anything from the event level.
3. Does anyone have the template to create tech spec to share with mobile app developer? Broader ask. You can create on your own based on Application understanding.
4. what are the best practices to upgrade the SDK ? Make sure that the variables and triggers are same. Do the validations at the application and reporting level. I have seen a blog from few experts on the preparation, ask google.
5. what are the different ways to push the data to data tables or processing rule is only way? Additions can be done within launch based on the conditions.
6. can anyone share any video /example explaining all the steps? Checkout this wonderful blog series from Rajdeep. Link : https://softcrylic.com/blogs/adobe-experience-platform-mobile-sdk/
7. How debugging tools ( project griffon) can be provisioned and configured? Guess project griffon has been deprecated already, however, check the blog.