Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unspecified value using a specific eVar when using "Visit" as metric

Level 2

I am seeing a lot of numbers going into "unspecified" when using visit as metric. But for an example, if i am using v72(App Referring tracking code)  against e72(instances), the data does not go into unspecified. But when, using against, metric, i see a lot of data into unspecified. 

4 Replies

Level 4

The instances metric indicates how many times an eVar was explicitly defined in an image request, meaning you won't see any "Unspecified" for v72 instances. If you're using Visits as a metric in the eVar report and notice "Unspecified" values, it means that the eVar values were not set during those hits.

Level 2

Okay, so this is a visit based eVar. Does it mean, it is implemented/set  incorrectly so the value goes into unspecified?

Level 10

Hi @jaishal 

any chance you add a screenshot?

Level 6

Hi @jaishal 

Unspecified are expected in reports if an event trigger without an eVar you can check this article for more detail.

however, instances will provide the number of times a value explicitly set in an eVar that's why you won't find unspecified while checking V72 against instances of V72.

In simple terms there are visits when there is no value has been set in V72 that's why you are getting unspecified when checking V72 against visits.