Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Unspecified in evar which stores page url value

Employee

Hi Team,

In eVar71 we are tracking the page url value. The page url value we are taking it from "document.url".

When we checked the visit against it, it is showing us unspecified . I just want to understand why we are getting unspecified as value.

As per adobe documentation unspecified values comes when value was not set for that evar.

But as per launch configuration we are firing evar17 value on each page-load. then why we are getting "unspecified" in report ??

VidhyaAk1_0-1716447492738.png

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi @VidhyaAk1 

when did you deploy the change? Can you calendar lookback window maybe span further in the past and include dates before then?

if that isn't the case, when and where to you set the eVar? And can you see it set consistently in the tracking requests?

cheers

Björn

Employee

Hi @bjoern__koth 
Its a websdk implementation and site is SPA .

Date rage is correct I pulled the data for may month, The change was deployed in april month.

Refer a below steps for page url configuration.

Page URL data element: 

VidhyaAk1_0-1716451721213.png

Global page load Rule is firing when data layer event=pageload
we are mapping the above data element in evar71 as below

VidhyaAk1_1-1716451901257.png

Level 7

ok so far, can you see the actual value in the /ee requests' __experience.analytics section in the payload?

and you are certain that the updated XDM variable is used in the WebSDK call?

Community Advisor

Yes, check that the value is consistently sending in the requests.

Also, what is the retention of the eVar? Is it Hit? Is it possible that your click actions aren't sending the value, and those unspecifieds are due to hits and not page views? If it's Visit (so that the hit will pick up the attributed value that was set on the page), is it possible that you have an action that is fired prior to the page load, and those unspecifieds are all the first hit on the site, firing before the first "page view"?

Level 4

Hi @VidhyaAk1 ,

Normally I tend to pull a small data feeds export to double check if the issue is on client side data collection. It will help narrow down the issues or confirm if this is happening for specific scenarios.

I ran into similar issue quite a while ago and noticed via data feeds that there were few Data Insertion API requests made for testing where eVars were not populated hence reuslted in Unspecified Visits.