Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unspecified data

Level 1

Is there an industry standard that could tell us how much percentage of unspecified traffic (from the tracking code dimension) should be allocated to the campaign performance results taking into consideration known issues that might interfere with the campaign parameters being lost?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you mentioned tracking code dimension, I assume you want "industry standards" for campaign vs non-campaign traffic.

Again, unfortunately, there is no such industry standard. The only standard is your own historical standard, but also taking into consideration all marketing activities that have been performed over time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi @Elena-Stan1,
There's no industry standard as such to tell you the percentage of "unspecified" data.
"Unspecified" comes up in reports when the particular dimension you are looking at does not contain any value.
Here's the doc which mentions various cases of when the data can be unspecified: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/unspecified.html?lang=en  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since you mentioned tracking code dimension, I assume you want "industry standards" for campaign vs non-campaign traffic.

Again, unfortunately, there is no such industry standard. The only standard is your own historical standard, but also taking into consideration all marketing activities that have been performed over time.