Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Uniqe visitor to be added fid

Level 1

when I check the developer Console im in my platform I can see the fid it tracked, however in my report suite I can't found this evar or prop. 

my question is, how to add the fid which is tracked in the logs to new evar? which tool should i use or it is by code change please to help me. 

moudar_0-1663540647753.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @moudar 

fid is legacy method of identifying unique visitor, my suggestion is to implement Experience Cloud ID service.

For Capturing fid value in eVar/prop you need to assign fid value to the eVar/prop. Below is an example

s.eVar1 = s.fid;
s.prop1 = s.fid;

Note : Make sure you enabled 'Make tracker globally accessible' option

Charles_Thirupathi_0-1663568293751.png

Thanks,

Charles

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @moudar 

fid is legacy method of identifying unique visitor, my suggestion is to implement Experience Cloud ID service.

For Capturing fid value in eVar/prop you need to assign fid value to the eVar/prop. Below is an example

s.eVar1 = s.fid;
s.prop1 = s.fid;

Note : Make sure you enabled 'Make tracker globally accessible' option

Charles_Thirupathi_0-1663568293751.png

Thanks,

Charles

Community Advisor

You can also just use Dynamic Variables:

D=fid 

In your eVar or prop declaration...

This will tell Adobe during processing to take whatever value is in fid, and apply the same value to your eVar/Prop

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/dynamic-variables.ht...

Level 1

my question is where shoud i add this?

(D=fid;

s.eVar1 = s.fid;
s.prop1 = s.fid;)

can you provide me with URL

Best Regards 
Moudar

Community Advisor

If you are using Launch, you can add it right into the set Variables:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1663623507641.png

Since you want this on all pages, you can add right into the Extension set variables (or you could add to all your rules.. it's really up to you.

If you are setting this using Javascript files, if you are using "doPlugins" you can add it inside there, and if not, you can add it where you set some of the settings:

s.prop1 = "D=fid";

Level 1

Thanks Charles, I will use your advice and if something not working I will write you back here  

have a nice day 
Moudar