Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Uncaught TypeError: t.getPlayerState is not a function

Community Advisor

Dear All,

In my console, this message ("Uncaught TypeError: t.getPlayerState is not a function") is showing.

Could you please help to explain that what does it mean, Thanks

kamleshmaddheshiya_0-1655660492220.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
3 Replies

Community Advisor

That sounds like an issue with the YouTube API (GetPlayerState is a function there, I assume the t. is how the plugin is connecting the Adobe integration with the API)... are you on a page with a video or no video?

As in, when you have a video is there no error, but now all pages without video are showing this issue? Or is this happening on your pages with Video which could be causing an issue with the video tracking.

Since I saw earlier posts, I assume you are still working on integrating Video Tracking.. which extension are you using? Is it possible that the code for this is triggering before the video is loaded on the page?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is a duplicate question, posted here (with my response that has a solution): https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/youtube-video-tracking-th...