Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Unavailable post-processing status

Level 1

Morning all,

What causes an Analytics event to show a post-processing status of "UNAVAILABLE" in the Assurance portal?

I've been diving through the documentation. but seem to be missing the important piece of information.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, yes, probably a configuration... I hope it's not too hard to track down! Good Luck.

You shouldn't need to grab any requests and pass them to the next analytics request.

Despite the different technologies, you can think of your tracking in generally the same way you think about your website tracking.

trackState is the equivalent of s.t()

trackAction is the equivalent of s.tl()

Unlike web, most of your dimension data isn't passed directly (props, eVars, etc)... you need to pass through content data on the trackState/trackAction calls, then use processing to either set the values directly into your dimensions, or use your context data like "building blocks" that you concatenate with your processing rules (context A + ":" + context B).

So just like your website would set values on each page or action, so too should your mobile app. Take the values as passed, and map them based on your tracking needs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I get this periodically and can't figure it out.... there sometimes seems to be no pattern to why this happens.

Is this a random event for you, or constant? If it's constant, I would first check that your SDK and Extensions are all up to date. Then I would also make sure that you are sending the data to the correct tracking suite (check the Request Overview).

If you are still having issues, if you have Slack, there is a Griffon slack channel that I can invite you to, where you can post issues and the project team can help investigate.

Level 1

Thanks for the response,

I get this every request, so I assume that there is a config issue. All dependencies are at their latest version excluding messaging which is using the 1.3.0-beta build.

Am I supposed to be manually trapping the response from the Adobe server and passing it into the next Analytics request?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, yes, probably a configuration... I hope it's not too hard to track down! Good Luck.

You shouldn't need to grab any requests and pass them to the next analytics request.

Despite the different technologies, you can think of your tracking in generally the same way you think about your website tracking.

trackState is the equivalent of s.t()

trackAction is the equivalent of s.tl()

Unlike web, most of your dimension data isn't passed directly (props, eVars, etc)... you need to pass through content data on the trackState/trackAction calls, then use processing to either set the values directly into your dimensions, or use your context data like "building blocks" that you concatenate with your processing rules (context A + ":" + context B).

So just like your website would set values on each page or action, so too should your mobile app. Take the values as passed, and map them based on your tracking needs.